Thursday 7 June 2012

Kaki baru !

I was lucky enough to have this very good offer from a fellow gila landy, a pair of adjustable Rancho RS9000 front shocks (dampers)!

Although the original set of shocks were new as the previous owner had them replaced during restoring, I decided to keep the front pair as spare and fit in the RS9000. Itchy butt la.

While I'm there, I thought I might as well service and re-paint the brake callipers, clean the pistons and fit in new pads too. Bled the old brake fluid as seen manual and refilled it to the top.


I also had the hub bearings re-greased and tighten as well since I was in there.

Then came the harder part. The shocks! After reading articles on line about it, I've came prepared knowing how much work it is, and aware of it wasn't going to be easy.

You can read the useful article here at landyzone

But you know we boys lah, when we kee shiao (get crazy),  no matter how hard it is we also can find ways to accomplish the mission!

After hours of screwing in and our, banging, cave diving and a lot of  cursing over the 2 days works...It's finally fitted in.
The passenger side was an easier treat (but not any easier!) , but the driver side.. You'll have to take out a lot of things like the coolant reservior before gaining access to the tower...which was a bitch in life!!!



I have them set on the hardest as I mostly drive the car to work in town, tested it and it really improved the handling a lot, compared to the softer ori shocks which are meant for heavy load. 
Very smooth drive! I'm really happpy with it and thinking of getting another pair for the rear very soon after selling my balls

By the way, think I'll try to re-tighten swivel bearing of the swivel hub
(Botak/Monk Head as Derek called it) and reset the preload value tonight this weekend..

Soon la





No comments:

Post a Comment